Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!






Hope you all had a great Valentines Day! My hubby didn't make it back into town - oh well we have the weekend. I'm coming down with something anyway so wouldn't have been much fun anyway.


Tuesday I tried working on a several layouts at one time instead of my usual one at a time looking for just the right elements until completion. I was able to "crank out" 5 pages (would have been 6 but I didn't cut out any of the letter "i" for one of the layouts when I was up at Archivers yesterday. I'm supposed to go up there to make a free card tomorrow so I'll make it then if I'm feeling better. If I don't get any better it'll have to wait til next week. I guess I've learned to have the letters on the work station to make sure I have all I need. I love the big die cut sizes they have for letters - my little sizzix letters are nice but since I only have one font and they are smaller I like using the ones at the store. When I have time to kill I may buy a bunch of cardstock and make letters all morning and have them on hand in many colors/fonts.


As you can see I'm working on a lot of old family photos/layouts. It makes me sick to think of the scrapbooks and photos I lost when our kitchen flooded but I've learned a lesson in protecting my photos with copies and am trying to figure out how to preserve my albums. I'm trying to figure out how to scan the traditional scrapbook pages but it's not easy since my scanner isn't 12x12.... any suggestions? I'm learning the digital stuff but slowly...


Well need to take some night cold medicine and head to bed.


No comments: