Thursday, May 1, 2008

Gearing up for National Scrapbooking Day

Hello ALL














A special tribute page to my Grandmother. I always say everything good about me I got from her.....






I loved the way this page turned out the inspiration for the squares came to me while I was waiting for an MRI and the desk had that design on the front so I jotted a crude drawing in my little book I carry in my purse.


What kind of plans do you have to celebrate?
Friday I plan on checking out Archivers for a couple of freebies and coupons.

QVC is having some scrapbooking shows on thru the day so I'll try to check that out. DH is little upset with the cost of my "habbit" so I may have to find a way to fund my "addiction"

My LSS is having a 50% off sale of everything in the store. She just opened in the last couple months and every time I stop there she isn't open so I hope that doesn't mean she is closing but she needs to find her nitch. Enough of that... back to the fun stuff.

I plan on scrapping some pages at home on Saturday afternoon and then enjoying some quality time with my DH. It's supposed to rain here Saturday (every weekend for the last 7 weeks) so we wouldn't be riding the Harley.....


PRAISE TRAIN

Check out the praise train on 2peas and join in to brighten someones day a little and see some amazing designs... http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=2549231



What I've been up to the last couple days....













I'm still catching up on very old stuff from my childhood and having fun doing it. I skip around from era to era and just put them in the albums as I go - I'm not a chronological type person so this keeps my attention better. I'm still trying to finish up all the page kits I made for the crop I went to. I made 28 of them and I'm not a fast scrapper so I don't know what I was thinking but it does make it easy for me to catch a little time here and there as I have it.

I love the 2 gallon ziplock bags I found at Aldi's for $1.99 perfect for scrapbook paper/kits. Much better than using the album page sheets from the dollar store (those are just a little shy of true 12x12 but very good quality.






I really liked the way this page turned out - I had a hard time with the red in my dress after photo shop original. I loved "decorating" the tree.

No comments: