Monday, November 1, 2010

Journaling Challenges

Thanksgiving and the holidays are fast approaching and it's easy to get caught up in all the "hoopla" that goes along with it,   I'm usually guilty of  not taking time to appreciate the everyday & take time for myself,  I stumbled on 2 daily challenges that I was interested in focusing on.



The first one Scarlet Namvong challenged us to focus on the things we are thankful for this month.  When I take the time to look at what I am thankful for no matter how bad things get I seem to feel differently about things because I can clearly see how trivial the bad is & the good far outweighs the bad.

I like how Scarlet leaves it open how elaborate each person wants to get with the challenge.  I will be making an altered book journal for mine so it will be something I can encourage myself with if I get down.

Here's what Scarlet wrote on her blog about joining in.


how you can participate :: 
write a sentence, tell a story, take a photo...
blog it, tweet it, facebook it, journal it, scrapbook it...
share your gratitude daily or summarize it weekly...




The second challenge is...

Rhonna Farrer is hosting a 21 day challenge coaching us to make or break a habit.  She is an absolute delight and full of energy.  I'm looking forward to reading her blog posts & watching the Wednesday live show for inspiration to achieve this.  Focusing on a specific thing makes it do-able.  Here's the details from her blog...



1. Choose 1 habit you want to make or break in the 21 days.
*we'll end on Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S.*

2. Choose an art journal of some kind. old book, notebook, scrapbook, sketch book...something! 
OR you can make the little book  out of the NEW House of 3 21 Challenge kitThere's a tiny book that you can make 5x 2.5. I love it. I've found that sometimes you don't have the time to do a full blown art journal, but you do need 5 min. of creative time....a small canvas is much more do-able at times.  But, you may choose to have a larger book..whatever inspires you!

3. Meet back here on Friday, November 5th for your daily motivational coaching!  I'll have art from the kit plus quotes, motivation & a kick in the can for you! *and me*. LOL. 

*note: this week's Wednesday Web Show will be an intro to The {21} Challenge. I'll share some of my past journals with you, my experiences & my tips for your successful 21 day journey!


No comments: