Monday, June 28, 2010

Everything Scrapp'n' Monthly Challenge & Design Team work

It's challenge day at Everything Scrapp'n'... I hope you will join us for a fun challenge with a super duper prize (Pink Paislee - Starlight paper & Tattered Angels Marshmallow Glimmer Mist.

Click here for all the details.

Here is my layout for the challenge (which is to use Red, White & Blue in a non 4th of July way).


I love anything Pink Paislee & have had a lot of fun working with the Starlight line.  It's great for layouts about my guys - so I'll be going back for more since good masculine lines are hard to come by.

I made my own distressed letters inspired by the Pink Paislee ones that were the wrong color for this page.


The sticker sheet for this line is filled with borders, journaling spots & embellishments.  They add a touch of shimmer to them but not too much that it distracts in any way for those who aren't glitterers

Supplies:   Paper (Pink Paislee - Starlight Bright, Pink Paislee - Starlight Dazzle, Pink Paislee - Starlight Glow, Pink Paislee - Starlight Shine, Pink Paislee - Starlight Spark); Stickers (Pink Paislee - Starlight Sticker Embellishments); Punches (Stampin' Up, McGill, & Marvy); Diecut Letters (Making Memories Slice); Spinner & Brad (Tim Holtz); Ribbon (Offray); Clip (Paper Studio); Thread (Coats & Clarks); Twine (Making Memories); Stickles (Ranger - Antique Linen Distressed); Buttons (stash); Alpha Stickers (Cosmo Cricket - Tiny Alpha Cream); Adhesive (Diamond Glaze, Tombow & Glue Arts)

I love ledger paper for my backgrounds, journaling, ANYWHERE goes.  This is a great one to add several pieces to my stash.



I also made a couple cards.

The first is made from scraps of the layout above.  I just love that subtle flourish on the background paper.

Supplies:  Cardstock (Paper Resources); Paper (Pink Paislee - Starlight Bright , Pink Paislee - Starlight - Glow, Pink Paislee - Starlight Shine, & Pink Paislee - Starlight Spark); Ribbon (Offray); Punch (Stampin' Up); Diecut (Making Memories Slice); Brads (Heidi Swapp); Stamp (Ippity Stamps - Fall for You & Unity Stamp KOTM); Markers (Copic); Ink (Hybrid)

My second card mixes October Afternoon (another one of those companies that makes my heart sing) with the Pink Paislee & some Webster's Pages scraps... I should have named this post scrapping with my favorite companies lol

I've been wearing out the Tim Holtz Bird & Cage Die by Sizzix lately.
Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Paper (October Afternoon - Thrift Shop Good Junk, October Afternoon - Thrift Shop Collectors Item, Pink Paislee - Office Lingo & Webster's Pages); Die Cut (Sizzix - Tim Holtz); Stamps (Unity Stamp KOTM & My Sentiments Exactly); Ink (Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China & Tattered Rose & Hybrid); Ribbon (Vintage hand dyed stash);

This is the paper with the music on the back.  For my card I used about an 8th of the sheet - there are many different songs.  It's a must have for your stash so stock up.

Well hope you have a fantastic day & make sure you enter to win those great prizes at the ES blog.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great challenge, I love your take on it! and those Tim Holtz birds..oh I've got to get that! tfs

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful layout and those cards Suz are incredible!

Hope you have a great 4th!

Loves.
D.