Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Going Hybrid...

I have tried digi layouts in the past & wasn't thrilled.  But today is a new day.  I don't have to do all digi but just use digital elements.  It doesn't hurt that I can find high quality products out there....

There are still pros & cons to it...

I LIKE:
Image can be used over & over
Customize for my project by changing the color or size
Very economical & "Green"


I love the idea of being able to scrapbook anywhere.  There is no mess to clean up.  If I don't like the color of something I can change it with a couple clicks then everything will match perfectly.  Designing a project is super easy.  No more cutting a piece of paper wrong.  I love the undo button.   There really are some great companies out there & even if I don't print the paper it is easy to make my own embellishments.  

CONS 
Quality of many of the image designs available


Recently digital images have come a long way.  There are still many out there that don't have the depth of color and pattern on the "papers" that is what I am drawn to in a piece of pattered paper.  My Photoshop skills are OK (could be better... could be worse) so I guess  I need to be working on this.  I usually don't even type my journaling (unless it's a long story) so I guess it's just that I need to get into the habit of using the computer for scrapbooking.  The bottom line is... I just LOVE the traditional scrapbooking products & making the mess.

Hybrid Scrapbooking allows me to take the best of both worlds & still make my paper mess while creating.  I will be printing more elements for my pages to save money, personalize them & still do pages my way.  That's the great thing about scrapbooking - no rules... do it your way.  We change, evolve & learn new things that is all part of creativity.  I sure wouldn't want to be doing the same thing the same way 3 years from now - change keeps it fresh.

Here is a page I made with a digi element from House of 3.  Thanks Heidi Swapp for helping me make a fun quick page.



I am participating in the summer challenge there to do 3 pages a week for a total of 50 pages completed by the end of summer.  They are encouraging us to create pages that are more simple & less time consuming.  I'm a slow poke scrapper but this one actually was finished within 35 minutes.  I think a lot of my problem is dragging out lots of supplies to audition them before committing & making a decision.  I am trying to resolve to trust my first instincts more & just go with things.  Every page doesn't have to be a well thought out masterpiece to be a great page... right?

So killing 2 birds with one stone I combined this with the Ippity Stamps weekly challenge to use some fabric on a project.


Everything is better with Ippity...

I used this set of Ippity Stamps (on sale this week on my selling page above or here)






Don't forget to enter the giveaways over at The Paperlife this week for my spotlight.  There are some great prizes up for grabs.  Click here to leave a comment.

3 comments:

Viji Siddharth said...

love it suz! very cool! love the ippity stamps!

laterg8r said...

good for you for trying something new :D

JPScraps said...

Love the layout!