Thursday, February 19, 2009

Multi-tasking

Good Morning All

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning my house so I would have plenty of "me" time today...

Right now I'm scanning old photos (I got another stack from my mom) while visiting some of my favorite spots on the web.

http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/ is a favorite. Kristina Werner is an amazing talent. I love her cards & the videos really break down the steps into something really do-able.

Back to the scanning.... how do you all do it? I'd love to hear if I'm doing it wrong or it could be done better....

I lay as many on the scanner as I can then edit the scan into individual photos. It seems like the quickest way without sacrificing quality. Photoshop has turned into my best friend. I'm in no way a power user & would like to take a class to become better at it (like my best friend is doing right now).

Really I just wish my son's girlfriend Stephanie had enough time to sit down with me & show me more of what to do. She is just amazing how she can take different photos & make a totally new photo. In just a few minutes I learned more from her than I did watching hours of Youtube video or reading manuals/tutorials. Here are a couple photos she merged together just flawlessly - you can't even tell (my fault for the glare from the flash on the finished project - it was blown up too large to scan & the colors were just magical & dreamlike - I sure didn't do it justice with my little point & shoot camera) .... AREN'T THEY JUST AMAZING?

Hope you have a fantastic Thursday....

What's on tv tonight? New Survivor season (the jury is still out if I'll get hooked or not - last couple I watched at first but drifted away),

Grey's & Private Practice are crossovers & the story lines looks really good.

Of course I can't forget my favorite ER (we will DVR it) I think Noah Wyle is coming back tonight - it's hard to believe it's ending but I guess it's time....

No comments: