Friday, February 22, 2013

Best Friends Layout

I have been blessed with a long time best friend.  Lori & I met in 4th grade when she moved to my school.  We became fast friends.  It's amazing as we are both turning 50 this year that we are still best friends.  It's wonderful to have someone in my life that I can totally be myself with & never fear judgement... she just "gets me".  We talk often on the phone that the physical miles vanish & it's like we're in one of our kitchens just catching up & chatting the hours away.

We moved to Georgia in 1979 when I was 16.  It was so hard for me to have left Lori behind.  At that time the cost of a long distance call was $ 0.25 a minute!  My dad wasn't happy with the phone bill each month.  When we lived in same town we would immediately get on the phone after being together all day at school and talk for hours on the kitchen phone with the 25 foot long cord.  We'd both stretch the cords down the basement steps with the door closed for privacy - those coiled cords would be all wonky from being overstretched & drove our moms crazy.  Our phone was that 70's yellow.


I love Teresa Collins products!  They are so well designed & the style is timeless.  When I see pages in my album that I made years ago they don't feel "dated" because it's too trendy & detracts from the photos/story.

I'm such a blue jeans gal - easy breezy for me.  I LOVE navy blue & yellow in this line and several pages have text.  It just feels fresh & has such clean lines.

My parents let me go back to Baltimore for Easter because I was so depressed after moving the summer before.  I missed Lori & my grandparents who lived in Pittsburgh PA.  They would come to see us all the time growing up since it was only a 4-1/2 hour drive.  Now the only time we would see them is when they flew down a couple times a year (thanks to the fact that they were able to fly free since their son worked for United Airlines & a perk was to fly stand by anywhere in USA for my grandparents)

I love stitching on paper.  It just adds that little "something something".

I'm all about the noteworthy style with file folders, tabs, & tags.  I used one of my favorite Unity Stamp Company Stamps on kraft paper with navy blue ink to balance the page. I can always count on Unity to bring style & a bit of funky to my projects.
That bottom "remember this" was cut from this piece of paper.

just quickly cut with scissors a border from a damask paper.  
LOVE that light blue 

I used one of Teresa's Vintage Finds 1 stamps to give the Prima clock face a place to sit.  The milky yellow brad from Now & Then line is perfectly at home.  I love how her lines can mix and match

There are always interesting elements to cut out on her papers.  I layered the globe & vintage stamp to subtly give a travel feel to the page.  More machine sewing on the layered borders that I punched.










Other Supplies:  Discontinued Martha Stewart Tiny Floral Border Punch, American Crafts cardstock letter stickers, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, American Crafts Pigment Ink Denim, The Paper Company kraft paper, Scotch ATG adhesive, Singer sewing machine
=============================

Hope you have a fantastic day & remember to do something creative.....

No comments: