Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Annual "GIRL" for Mom

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday. Last year I made her a "girl" and she loved it so I thought I would do another for one of her gifts this year too.

Her hearts desire is to live on the Florida Gulf Coast so the message of this "girl" will remind her of that big dream and to do what it takes to get there. She's a strong lady with loads of gumption if anyone can she can.


This "compass" was made with a piece of anaglypta textured paintable wall paper. I bought a huge roll at Lowes for less than $20.  Its also great for texture in any mixed media or art journal project in a big piece.  
 I just cut the medallion out and layered on the paints



My parents wedding day 1962

when she was little girl with her mom and cousin.  She's on the left.

The recent photos are when she took me to Destin last year for 2 weeks. That's her happy place.
Mom & Dad at AJ's in Destin on the docks



Her yellow shoes make her happy....

Happy Birthday Mom hope this is the best year ever!

1 comment:

Ibis said...

I love this mixed media piece! I think I'll have to go to my local Lowes and checkout the textured paintable wall paper! Never heard of that.