Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back from the doctor

"Just" a kidney infection... hopefully it will go away quickly with medicines & not cause too much trouble.
Here's a picture of the tree that was my enemy this week & caused so much trouble. It wasn't that big but I guess it doesn't take much if it falls in the right place.










With no internet time I've been working on some layouts.

Here's one I did for the Flashback Friday group over on 2peas. We usually try to keep the photos to our childhoods or heritage photos but I stretched the topic (A Moment In Time You Would Freeze) to include my boys (who are 21 & 22 so I guess that is sort of heritage lol). I have so few baby photos and early childhood left since they were all damaged with our water leak. Thankfully I salvaged some & of course the ones I gave my parents/ones they took I still have but you know how sometimes you just love a photo for no particular reason.... these were those photos for me.










I had fun using the new Bella Bella line from My Mind's Eye. It was a challenge to take the girly-ness out of it for a boy layout. The background paper is Core'dinations cardstock & I dry embossed it with those old Fiskars plates I got on clearance a while ago for $2 then sanded lightly. I was inspired by Denise's Texture Challenge on the Everything Scrapp'n Blog. Remember you have until April 30th to post your creations for entries to win the $90 MME prize package
I had to show off this layout by Kelly that she submitted for my BINGO challenge. I love the paint, photo & everything about it.
Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry into my month long RAK contest for more details see this post If you haven't already done it sign up as a follower for more entries.

7 comments:

jeanie de la rama said...

i hope you're feeling better. :)

de said...

Love these! Giving me good ideas! Hope you feel better!

A Fanciful Life said...

Kidney infections can be painful! I hope you get better soon - ouch!

Anonymous said...

Again, I LOVE your flashback Friday layout!!! Just beautiful work!

The Stylish House said...

Hi Suz,
Hope you feel better soon! I am going to take a better look around. Have a great day!
~Cathy~

Carolyn King said...

what a beautiful page. This makes me want to get scrappin!

Hope you are feeling better.

BrandiLynn said...

Beautiful pages, I too really like the paint on kellys and the baby is too darn cute cute cute