Sunday, May 20, 2012

Card for Mom

I made a card for my Mom for mother's day...  she really enjoys them much more than the store bought ones

This card is was made with scraps (My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants, & Prima)
I stitched all the layers to a 4-1/2 x 6" piece of kraft paper.

I stockpile the tiny type letters they are perfect for cards that I don't necessarily have the right sentiment stamp for plus I LOVE the look especially with stitches at the bottom.


Layers of border punched strips along with a small piece of lace trim.  The addition of "ancient" K & Company flowers with buttons & a twine bow add lots of interest & texture.

Hope you had a great weekend & took some time to be creative...


5 comments:

phamil said...

Suzy that's such a pretty card! I'm so jealous of your sewing ability!! LOL! I love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Suz - I'm just seeing this. Your card is just gorgeous. I love the sewing that you do on them and your color schemes!
Lori

Salnclts said...

I love your card & I'm sure your mom did, too! You did a great job with the stitching!!

Sandy Ang said...

what a fantastic card

Monica said...

What a pretty card! I love the color combo and stitching on it!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave such lovely note! I hope you'll enjoy the journey.
Monica.