Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Goodies I'm Loving....

CHA time to me is like Christmas... I save money, sell cards, and stalk my LSS updates as to when UPS will be delivering the new things that I'm dying for.  I already have quite a stash of paper & embellishments so do I really need it... maybe not but do I want it.... oh yes.

I have never been to the winter show in California but thanks to Noell & Izzy Hyman from Paperclipping & Nancy Nally & her gals at Scrapbook Update it's the next best thing and I have a good idea of what things are REALLY going to look like.  (that's one of my pet peeves when I think I'm going to love something & then order it online then it arrives and really looks totally different washed out colors, quality of paper, etc so with Paperclipping videos and Scrapbook Updates links & reviews complete with photos I trust that it is what it is).

A few of my favorites have started to come into the EMI Scrapbooking where I shop in Cumming GA here in Atlanta... with more coming in each week.

Teresa Collins came out with 4 amazing beautiful lines that are so versatile & were at the top of my list for must haves.

Here is Paperclipping video of the booth at the trade show.  Teresa always has one of the most beautiful booths in the entire show.  Casual elegance that welcomes you in & you feel right at home in the booth browsing the new products & gorgeous samples.

Fabrications Canvas is beautiful & the texture and weight of the paper makes it look like a textile fabric.  This line has the prettiest colors & just the perfect variety of small/large patterns, dark/light prints, and beautiful embellishments (even pearls which I love).  It is perfect for spring.  I'm planning a mother's day mini album for my mom with this one using old photos of my mom, grandma, sister, aunt and I.  The stamps aren't pictured here but they were absolutely beautiful & so useful that I had to have them.

Fabrications Linen is classic elegance.  All the favorite patterns we have come to love in fresh colors.  My guys wouldn't "balk" at this one being too girly for their photos and stories.  I'm so glad they enjoy looking at the minis and layouts but they do stifle my overdoing of the "girly blingy stuff" as they call it.

Spring Fling is girly girly girly.  I love the pinks & teal.  It's fresh, happy & fun.  The chipboard embellishments are adhesive back & truly make a statement on any project.

Last but not least is Everyday Moments.  This line is my favorite since it's so versatile & will work for all the family stories I want to tell .  I'm usually such a teal gal but the last year royal blues & yellow have been calling my name more and more.  The colors and patterns show off the photos instead of overpowering them.  Clean uncluttered elegance.  I LOVED ledger paper with subtle images for simple elegant backgrounds...  I could go on gushing forever how much I like this line

Can you tell I'm a Teresa Collins fan.... she has exquisite taste & pays such attention to detail as she prepares to manufacture and designs her lines.  As a designer of projects I can tell you that using her lines allows me to spend less time creating since all the elements go together so easily.

===================================

My Mind's Eye has always been a favorite manufacturer.  I fell in love with the lines that were designed by Rhona Farar called Follow Your Heart.  The line is divided into a more pink girly Be Happy & The blue gender neutral Be Amazing.  Soft colors & vintage elements make this very much my style.  I'm loving the 6x6 paper pads since they allow me to get all the papers in a smaller pattern.  They aren't just perfect for cards but work great on layouts and minis.

Sweet pinks, greys and blue
Sheet Music, Florals, Birds, Banners....

Lovely fresh soft teal, yellow, grey & brown
Kites, bikes, sentiments, 

=======================================

Another line that I purchased & used a lot of is Crate Paper's Paper Hearts.  It was their Valentine/Love theme line.  It's still very versatile and doesn't lock you into just using it for the holiday.  I loved the colors & small prints with some of my favorite colors.

Crate never lets me down with just the right amount of distressing & funky vintage elements.


Patterned Paper

I Loved the Chipboard Elements and all the doilies

I've been using this line on cards, layouts, mixed media canvases, my art journal & mini albums.

I can't wait until all the new Pink Paislee comes in next week - Susan at EMI ordered it all.  I'm excited about all the lines especially "She Art" created by Christy Tomlinson (that gal can knock my socks off with paint, stamps, rub-ons & Mod Podge).  Since I took the class I love making my "girl" canvases.  

Heidi Swapp is now on her own and released some pretty lines that I'm excited to see and will be coming in soon.  Noell of Paperclipping shared several videos with Heidi

========================================

Well enough enabling I'll be posting some projects in the next couple days using Teresa's lines that I made during a class this weekend.

Hope you have a great day & remember to do something creative.





No comments: