Monday, January 5, 2009

What happened to my posts?

I know I've been a lazy blogger BUT .... I know I posted after Christmas but nothing is showing up? I guess I need to "view blog" after posting now to make sure it took? Well with the New Year it gives us all a fresh start. I'm not a resolution maker since it sets me up for failure.... But I am resolving to make the most of my blog....

We had a wonderful quiet family Christmas. No I wasn't super woman this year but it didn't matter. It was great in spite of my shortcomings.

Here's a couple photos of the mini albums I gave to my parents & sister for their main gift in our homemade 2008 Christmas. (My sons broke the homemade rule & I'm glad because I got the Cricut Storybook cart & a new game for my Nintendo DS)

Enabling Alert: Storybook is an amazing cart it does so much I need the book each time I use it ---- it's a must buy

Dad's contained a bunch of photos from his early years on thru to before I was born. Most of the product used is 7Gypsies. Very classic colors/designs for the era of the mini.










My sister Karen's showcased Christmas photos thru the years. I used My Mind's Eye cute Christmas line.















Mom's mini was all about dogs she's had over the years.... I used Pink Paislee paper on this one & it just made her smile. She's been showing it off to everyone - I'm so glad she liked it.
















I guess I need to post the photos of the Christmas ornaments I made on the tree. After making the first one using the gift card I decided to make others as a little reminder of dogs that are no longer with us but still in our hearts. Those of you who aren't dog/cat people are rolling your eyes I'm sure... but our critters are family to us... I really liked the one with Bob using the sled ornament from Michaels. Next year I'll look for them earlier when they still have all the names in stock.















I didn't get much creative time while my hubby was home from work. I like to spend time with him when he's home.... even if it's watching a marathon of season 1 of the Sopranos that he got for Christmas from Andrew.... not my idea of fun but that's ok.... sometimes....

Here's a couple of my most recent layouts. I've been having a great time scrapping my childhood photos. Since I had 2 boys it gives me a chance to use more girly stuff.... I've also found that you don't have to have amazing photos to tell the story.

So I challenge you to dig out some of your not so great old or new photos & tell those stories


"A Dream House for Barbie & Me" I remember the endless hours of playing with this house that Santa brought me Christmas 1970.

























This is a 2 page layout of Christmas 1969. I have vivid memories of this Christmas and all the wonderful gifts we got. It's fun to look at the photos & see the toys in their original boxes. Too bad my parents switched to the Polaroid camera... these photos are deteriorating & my pitiful photo shop skills did all I could.....




Well I'll close with email I received yesterday evening that Sassy Cards N Scraps is no more.... so I'm officially NOT on a design team anymore... Oh well. I pray for the owner Jean & her family they are going thru a horrible time with health problems right now.



I'll just keep on submitting to page & DT calls when I like the site or the topic & whatever happens happens...... If any of you have any words of wisdom to help me along PLEASE share..

I love to scrapbook & for so many years before finding the online world did it just for me so anything else is just "gravy"..... But it sure is fun getting noticed.

Don't forget Paperclipping Tuesday is back tomorrow. Join Noell for a great time of live online scrapbooking & chat. Visit www.paperclipping.com for more details. There's also a new paperclipping community that is really great. Come join in the fun. Once you're on the paperclipping site click on the community link to join in the fun.

Have a wonderful New Year y'all.

No comments: