Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hump Day

Cleaning up my house a little today. Anything to stay indoors. My garden is wilting in the midday sun. It's so hot here that it feels like I can "wear the air". The heat index is 108 right now!


Finished my inchies for the swap on 2peas. They are much harder than ATCs. The stamps I thought I could use were too big so had to get a little creative. I have some other ideas for the next one.










This layout of Rosie was done for a challenge on http://creativescrappers.blogspot.com/ using a sketch by Scrappy Donna. Thanks for the inspiration. The flower is hand stitched with embroidery floss. The purple flowers are from Making Memories & the felt is from Joann's $1 spot. Other supplies for this one include: Paper (Basic Grey); Cardstock (Bazzill & Heidi Grace); Stamps (Scarlet Lime & Inkadinkado); Ribbon & Button (stash); Tag (EK); Ink (Ranger)









Finished up some cards last night











I have been working on some sketches too. I have some different ideas for my blog. I'm thinking certain topics on certain days. Tuesdays will be shopping deals. I am working on some tutorials for later in the week & maybe a monthly challenge with prizes.


I participated in the 2peas lunch chat with Mel & won the $5 gift certificate! Check out that forum this Friday.



Also for Friday around noon eastern time http://www.scrapclubs.com/ does a live broadcast showcasing kits. Following that part which is recorded for a podcast Terri does an informal chat, show & tell, work on project, organization, anything scrap related..... that's the best part. Join us for a great time.



Today I'm working on a new mini album & some layouts for pub calls.


Stay "cool"

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute layout! Our weather has been icky like that for several days too. But not 108 index! Ugh! I hope you get some relief soon!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about the heat....
It has been 110 and above for the last few days, which is fine for AZ but the humidity has been 50+ so it STINKS...
I feel tired and sweaty all the time...

Go for it and good luck with submissions...Just remember to keep at it and come up with a system....You'll get it girl!!!

Hugs...
Dedra