Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's been a good week



I call it a good week because my health has been pretty good this week and I've been getting in a lot of scrapbooking time! I just love that Archivers store in Buford. I went up there on Monday with a picture that I just didn't know what to do with. One of the gals who worked there was so helpful and directed me to a couple of different options. (The picture was taken at our Sunday School class Christmas party. I didn't know we were having pictures taken. I like the shirt I'm wearing but it didn't quite go with the background.) After coming home and playing around with the papers I decided on this one.


I'm not really sure how to capture a traditional scrapbook layout with the digital camera so sorry for the poor quality picture.


I also found this orange scalloped edge paper that I fell in love with and remembered this picture of my first communion in the 70s and thought it would look great and help a really poor quality picture that had deteriorated.


I've added a bunch of traditional scrapbook layouts to my twopeas site http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/userprofile.asp?user_id=350865 so I wouldn't put too many in both places.
While up in Buford I went to the scrapbook outlet across the street. She has some really good prices and it's worth the hunt.
I hope to take a class up at Archivers this month with a friend. I'd like to take the Valentine card one.
I've been working on organizing my scrapbooking workspace. If anyone has any hint or things that work for them let me know. I'm trying to do it on a budget. I've seen amazing spaces out there but they just aren't realistic for me. I've had trouble being organized since I lost my craft/office/sewing room when my son moved back home. I'm so glad he is with us so I'm not complaining but I had a lot of stuff and now it's just everywhere out in the common areas instead of in my little purple world....
Well thanks for looking. Have a blessed day!




No comments: