Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Everything Scrapp'n Day

Well it's the 14th so I get to reveal the projects I've been working on for Everything Scrapp'n.  So if you'd like to see what we've been up to head on over to the ES store blog to start from the beginning & meet our April Guest Designer Monique.

I just love Cosmo Cricket Early Bird & can't get enough of it.  Since it's spring time this line still seems as fresh as the day it came out.  At first glance you can get caught up in the cooking theme of the papers but it's so much more than that.  I guess I've used it for over 6 projects & none have had anything to do with food.

Making cards is very popular right now.  I don't know if it's the economy or the fact that people want to make something personal.  I guess a little bit of both.  I've seen comments about scrapbookers wanting to get into cardmaking but just didn't want to buy a lot of stamps.  That got me thinking about what to use in place of stamps & still have a card with a sentiment....

For this card I used a piece of the border papers cut down to fit on the card.  Add a little stitching & this card is ready to go in the mail.


Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Paper (Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird  Borders & Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird Ribbon Sandwich); Thread (Coats & Clarks)

These borders are always a must buy from each Cosmo Cricket line.  I like to have them on hand to make quick scrapbook pages that sure don't lack style.



My second card is a little more conventional since I did stamp my sentiment.  But that is where the ordinary stops.  This card is very casual in design - nothing is carefully cutout but that is what makes it work.



Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Paper (Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird Farmers Market , Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird - Sunrise & Cosmo Cricket - Early Bird Tags); Stamps (Hero Arts); Rik Rak (Wrights); Ink (Ranger)'


This layout was a bit of a struggle since the photo colors were so different.  Do you ever run into those issues?  Normally I would just print in black & white but the color was what the journaling was about so that wasn't possible.   I settled on products that complimented the "after" photo & I think it works.

Supplies:  Cardstock (Bazzill); Paper (My Mind's Eye - Bella Bella French Flea Market Fulfilled & My Mind's Eye - Bella Bella Bellezo Grace); Die Cut Border (Basic Grey - Nook & Pantry Dolies Pink&Brown); Journaling Spot (Jenni Bowlin - Memo Book Brown); Letter Stickers (Basic Grey - & Jenni Bowlin - Brown Reverse Tiny Alpha); Ticket (Jenni Bowlin); Lace (Webster's Pages - Thick Natural Lace); Ribbon (Misc Stash); Metal Embellishments (Tim Holtz, Joann's Craft Essentials & Misc Stash);  Clip (7Gypsies); Ink (Colorbox - Fluid Chalk Chestnut Roan); Eyelet (Making Memories)



Placing the dark brown ribbon behind the lace helped the beautiful details show up.

I love the lace diecut sheets from Basic Grey - They have so many uses & are very intricate.  I rarely use them in full sheets but rather cut them up for several projects.

So my favorite product to showcase is of course the 12x12 Basic Grey Doilies.  This one comes with both pink & brown.  The shapes are really useful too for both your girly or more masculine layouts by cutting different sections like I did in the layout above.

Thanks for visiting  & remember to head over to the ES store blog for a little giveaway.

2 comments:

Viji Siddharth said...

wow...i have never thought of doing cards without stamps..i thought stamps are a must have! I love both the cards..but i love the second one a lot more!!! so cool how you did the whole pot with flowers with just pattern paper! totally cool!

love the layout as well....dark ribbon behind the lace makes so much of a difference..its like all the pretty design on the lace has popped up! very pretty suz!

Tracy said...

I like you cards and your layout. Very nicely done