Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bringing back the blog.... Sharing My Favorite Mini Book Kits I created

I've been helping Susan at EMI Scrapbooking with the store blog... it's looking great!  The store is looking great too - so many new product lines, of course every one of Teresa Collins lines are well stocked, crops, & the mini books & kits business is booming.  New kits will be added to the blog when they are available for sale & will have a paypal purchase button right there.  Hope you check back often or sign up to follow EMI - lots of inspiration & happenings posted daily.  If you're in the Atlanta area drop by & say hello.

This is a picture of the Teresa Collins section from a couple months ago


I'm still creating mini books & kits for EMI.  I've been so bad about sharing them here on the blog... I added pictures of the covers over to the right on the slide show.  

Here's a few of my favorites.

Making Memories Valentine line (I miss that company... 
Their scalloped ledger paper is an all time favorite background - I still have 1 piece left & waiting for just the right project

Echo Park collections are always great to work with.
Love the sticker embellishment sheets 

This is an all time favorite using Graphic 45.
I cut out the "window" & hinged it so it would open to reveal another beautiful image inside on the cover.
So many great embellishments can be cut out of the papers. 

several of the pages.  Filled with half pages using the postcards 
that filled one of the piece of patterned paper


This one was a labor of love.  
Each page is an envelope & I hand laced the book together for each of the kits. 
My favorite Glitz line ever - love all the soft colors & vintage prints... very shabby chic

Here's the inside of  one of the pages.  
I put tabs on the card enclosed in each envelope page

Rhonna Ferrar did a cool line for My Mind's Eye
I love the kites 

I used canvas fabric for several of the pages - stitching near the edges but loving the fraying

another of the pages - love the pre-designed clusters on the paper 

Teresa Collins collections are so well designed & thought out - I love
how easily the mini book comes together

Another Teresa Collins collection - classic colors but fresh shades of green & red

This one is so different than my usual 6x8 size....
Tall & skinny using Studio Calico school collection
Perfect for teen boy photos

I did several of this accordion bound spine books
using My Mind's Eye's collection.
Loved this boy one with Navy & Gold

another MME more feminine book


Simple Stories collections are fabulous - they give you so many 
journaling & embellishing images just on a piece of patterned paper.  
Budget friendly without sacrificing the style & layers we all love.
6x12 in mini gives plenty of room for the photos of new little one.

Another My Mind's Eye...
I love the colors & patterns in their Lost & Found lines....
However the glitter became a running joke - after creating 3 mini book kits
I had inches of glitter on my desk & all over not just my scrap room but the whole house.
I was covered in glitter for days since their glitter.
You're probably thinking so..... but I'm not a glitter person lol 
I will not even buy greeting cards with glitter on them.
So Susan knows better than to ask me to create with glitter paper 
I have a ban on it.
This album was beautiful though glitter & all


Well I hope you enjoyed looking at the covers of some of my books.  I'm hoping to post a couple times a week what I'm creating for the store & for myself.  

Take some time to be creative today,









No comments: